Monday 18 October 2010

18th October, A dull day for disputes.

 Had the day off school today owing to an INSET day so I decided to spend it trawling the streets of Chiswick looking for a good bird. Alas, nothing more exciting than a two woodpecker day with good views (but no photos!) of both the common species around here Green and Great-spotted Woodpecker. A walk around Chiswick House Grounds with the dog provided ample time to attempt to photograph a tit flock of around 60 Birds, mostly Long-tailed, Great and Blue Tits as well as a somewhat associated group of 3 Nuthatch and 9 Blackbirds including one with an almost-excitingly pale breast band and greyish wings, sadly not a Ring Ouzel though. Unfortunately almost every single one of my 'shots' could also accurately be described by changing the one vowel in that word. Have some anyway:

Noisy shot of a wren.

Almost a Rouzel.

If I ever get bored or fed up of Robins, shoot me.

View from Chiswick Pier towards the Eyot.

 Highlight of the day was probably seeing 'Nick' the old guy who apparently lived/lives on the Eyot, which the BBC ran a story on, cycling his bright orangey red bike down the tow-path. I've seen him a couple of times although never actually on the island, I'd be surprised (and chilled to the bone at the thought) if he's still living there in this weather.

 Other highlights down the river were a juvey Great Black backed Gull, Mistle Thrush flyover and feeling like I somehow knew Nick even though I don't.


Just to prove I can take flight shots.

Also had a big bust up with my girlfriend today (hence the title) which thankfully was happily resolved, for that reason you get a happy photo of two deer taken yesterday in Richmond park. Where, incidentally, I saw absolutely nothing else.


No comments:

Post a Comment