Thursday 13 January 2011

Barnes

Went to the London Wetland Centre on Sunday where I bumped into Neville Smith and Matt Bourne who helped put me onto the most interesting birds straight away, which was helpful considering within about an hour of arriving at the site I urgently had to leave! Managed to catch up with a Bittern and the female Scaup that's been there for a couple of days as well as all the regulars, the gorgeous Lapwings, Wigeon, Shovelers and Snipe. The camera never got itself out of the bag though so unfortunately I don't have any pictures to go with these names.

I will, instead, use the opportunity to post some of my older photos (about week ago :P). I think I've come to the realisation that I am not and never will be a prolific bird blogger. I'm never going to compete with the greats of blogging (Wanstead Birding for a start!), I don't know what it is but there's something I lack. Whether it's the creativity or the desire to share with the rest of the world something going on in my head I seem to lack the impetus to actually get writing, to sit down and compose something that aside from the bare facts of this bird was seen here at this time and there's a kind-of-recognisable photo of it will actually be of some use to people, provide some sort of cerebral stimulation and give them something to think about. Whilst there might well be thoughts of this manner floating about my head I don't quite know how to express them with the written word nor how to fit them in behind the guise of this, a birding blog. No great loss as it's just something that I've come to realise I prefer to enjoy by reading the fruits of someone else's imaginative labour, rather than try to force myself to think of something original and interesting to post.

That's not to say I'm packing the blog in, far from it! Instead I think I'm just going to make the rest of my posts clearer and more concise, to offer them just as an ornithological record for anybody who might be interested or who chance upon this blog. It'll save the odd pressure I feel that anything I write should have to be something else, something more.

Here, pictures:

 Oi Oi Cheeky Boy.

Gorgeous

I'm sure this is symbolic somehow

P.S If this post appears a load of tosh excuse me for the fact that I'm kicking back after a week of exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment